5 Easy Steps to Using Facebook Groups for Your Business
With Facebook making some big moves and shifts to the algorithm that serves the News Feed, Facebook Groups can be a great way for businesses to continue to build relationships with their community.
Let’s define a Facebook group (per Facebook):
Facebook Groups are the place for small group communication and for people to share their common interests and express their opinion. Groups allow people to come together around a common cause, issue or activity to organize, express objectives, discuss issues, post photos and share related content.
If you aren’t already part of a Facebook Group, we recommend searching Facebook for an interest of yours and jumping in a Group to see what it’s all about.
These are our thoughts, tips and tricks to starting a Facebook Group for your business:
- Create a community around a product or cause (i.e., Instant Pot or Meatless Mondays versus a group with your grocery store as the name)
- Craft a mission statement for the Facebook Group and put it in the “About” section. This helps users decide if the community is the right one for them and helps you hone your content strategy.
- Decide on what kind of content you want to share prior to creating the group and begin curating that content. The content needs to ladder up to the goal (such as, content that helps your users decide what to cook for Meatless Mondays) and be meaningful.
- Encourage interaction between users, ask questions, present polls, engage with comments. Based on the new changes to Facebook, you’ll want to help build a genuine community that creates meaningful interaction between people.
- Remember you aren’t there to sell. Link your business page or URL where appropriate (such as the About section) and leave the marketing speak on your business page.
Reckitt Benckiser Professional (RB Pro) Division Product Brochure Series Vision partnered with RB Pro to develop a new brand identity and positioning for their line of professional products that was to be unveiled at an upcoming trade show. The new positioning was...
Quick Guide to Digital AcronymsDigital marketing has changed the way businesses reach consumers. Along the way, the industry has developed its own vocabulary filled with catchphrases, technical jargon, and abbreviations. In order to help you stay up to speed, we’ve...
About Finlandia®: Finlandia is famous for their quality and craftsmanship when it comes to their butter and cheese. Finlandia makes their delicious products using some of the purest milk in the world from small family-owned farms in Finland. These small Finnish farms...