5 Easy Steps to Using Facebook Groups for Your Business
With Facebook making some big moves and shifts to the algorithm that serves the News Feed, Facebook Groups can be a great way for businesses to continue to build relationships with their community.
Let’s define a Facebook group (per Facebook):
Facebook Groups are the place for small group communication and for people to share their common interests and express their opinion. Groups allow people to come together around a common cause, issue or activity to organize, express objectives, discuss issues, post photos and share related content.
If you aren’t already part of a Facebook Group, we recommend searching Facebook for an interest of yours and jumping in a Group to see what it’s all about.
These are our thoughts, tips and tricks to starting a Facebook Group for your business:
- Create a community around a product or cause (i.e., Instant Pot or Meatless Mondays versus a group with your grocery store as the name)
- Craft a mission statement for the Facebook Group and put it in the “About” section. This helps users decide if the community is the right one for them and helps you hone your content strategy.
- Decide on what kind of content you want to share prior to creating the group and begin curating that content. The content needs to ladder up to the goal (such as, content that helps your users decide what to cook for Meatless Mondays) and be meaningful.
- Encourage interaction between users, ask questions, present polls, engage with comments. Based on the new changes to Facebook, you’ll want to help build a genuine community that creates meaningful interaction between people.
- Remember you aren’t there to sell. Link your business page or URL where appropriate (such as the About section) and leave the marketing speak on your business page.
About Bada Bean Cawfee™: Bada Bean Cawfee offers "Jersey-Style" coffee (or should we say "cawfee") in an unconventional Jersey Shore pop-up coffee shop that pays homage to the Jersey mafia theme that both locals and tourists love. "The bosses" have encapsulated every...
Digital Trends to Embrace in 2019 The constantly changing landscape of the digital world demands an ever-changing ability to adapt and grow with what digital users are consuming and how. Several trends that have grown exponentially in the last five years are still in...
Creative Director Spotlight Series: Kelly Digiesi The next installment of our Creative Director Spotlight series goes to Kelly. As one of our Creative Directors, Kelly is a talented artist with over 20 years experience designing complex projects from concept to...