With today being National Intern Day, we saw it as the perfect opportunity to introduce our summer flight crew additions: Julia, Graydon, and Fletcher. All three bring different skills, fresh insights, and an exciting energy to the agency, and they have experienced firsthand what it truly means to make penguins fly with us!
- Full Name: Julia Nehrings
- Age: 21
- Where do you go to school? Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
- What are you aspiring to be in your advertising career? A copywriter and future creative director.
- What is one thing that working at Vision has taught you? There is no such thing as just having “one job” in an agency. The best advertising professionals wear many hats. Collaborating with those in other areas is not just the key to being part of a team, but the key to being part of success.
- What’s one piece of advice you would share with future advertising interns? Don’t be afraid to push the envelope. This business was built on crazy, creative ideas and thinking out of the box is a part of every department every day!
- Full Name: Graydon Rogers
- Age: 22
- Where do you go to school? Elizabethtown College.
- What are you aspiring to be in your advertising career? A digital marketer, not sure what role just yet
- What is one thing that working at Vision has shown you? This is a very fast-paced industry, and you have to keep up, but it is doable.
- What’s one thing you would tell future advertising interns? This kind of work is a lot of fun!
- Full Name: Fletcher Ewing
- Age: 22
- Where do you go to school? Clemson University.
- What are you aspiring to be in your advertising career? I want to work in digital marketing, preferably in sports or automotive or at an agency that handles clients of that type.
- What is one thing that working at Vision has taught you? Always be ready to change your perspective and adjust to circumstances, business is a fluid thing and a one-track approach won’t often work.
- What’s one thing you would tell future advertising interns? Expect to work as a full-time employee. You might feel inexperienced and not ready, but get involved and engaged and you’ll learn so much more from your time.
The AMI Digital Summit: The Flight Crew Heads to Chicago
Our Flight Crew makes penguins fly from the East Coast most days, but that doesn’t mean we don’t love spreading our wings every once in a while–especially when it’s to hone our skills so we can become even smarter, more efficient, and more digitally savvy when it comes to the latest industry happenings.
Creating the GDUSA Award-Winning Biovanta Website & the Relationship Behind It
Winning a GDUSA award is always exciting because it’s both a celebration of our designers’ hard work and a time to reflect on our partnership with a client in relation to the project itself. We’re only as good as our last project after all, and our partnerships make us who we are. So let’s take a dive into not just creating the GDUSA award-winning Biovanta website, but into how it all came to be.
We recently brought a grassroots marketing campaign to life in Central Park for the family-owned snack company John Wm. Macy’s. Our experience got us thinking about the core aspects of grassroots marketing and audience engagement, and what it takes to create a successful campaign. It’s a layered concept, so let’s dive in together.