Providing Value In Your Social Media Content
“Content is king.”
The more social media grows into every facet of every day life, this now cliched phrase has never been more true. Content, is, in fact, king. But good content is queen, and the queen rules the house.
Whenever we talk to clients about content, we talk about it in terms of providing value. At Vision, we believe that providing value with your social media content means you are either educating your customer or entertaining them. Sometimes when you strike gold, you are able to do both.
Providing value with your social media content means you are either educating your customer or entertaining them.
Educating customers can mean:
- Teaching your customers about your product
- Introducing your product to a new audience
- Sharing information about something related to your product/business (i.e., how to use a french press with your company’s coffee grinds)
Entertaining customers can mean:
- Sharing a fun anecdote about your business/industry
- Sharing behind the scenes looks at your factory, office, stores
- Giving insight to the people who run your day to day business
- Sharing articles, posts, videos related to your business
When coming up with your content for every month we challenge you to ask of every piece of content, “how does this provide value to my customer?”
Continually challenging yourself and/or your team to ensure every piece of content either educates or entertains will help you create more powerful content for your audiences.
Creating the GDUSA Award-Winning Biovanta Website & the Relationship Behind It Winning a GDUSA award is always exciting because it’s both a celebration of our designers’ hard work and a time to reflect on our partnership with a client in relation to the project...
We recently brought a grassroots marketing campaign to life in Central Park for the family-owned snack company John Wm. Macy’s. Our experience got us thinking about the core aspects of grassroots marketing and audience engagement, and what it takes to create a...
About G-SHOCK: G-SHOCK watches are synonymous with toughness. It all started in 1981 with developer Kikuo Ibe’s dream of “creating a watch that never breaks.” Focusing on the “Triple 10” concept of 10-meter dropping shock resistance, 10-bar water resistance and...